Date: 9/22/18 9:56 am
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Boiler Bay
Jeff slept in and is watching college football…

A birder of my generation from North Carolina (Eric Dean) is staying at a nearby condo for the month. He saw a few very close to shore Cassin’s Auklets yesterday.

Him being from one of the Carolina’s I mentioned a birder (Derb Carter) from South Carolina who went to the UO law school in the mid-1970s. He found Oregon’s first Golden-winged Warbler at Indian Ford. Eric Dean said he would email Derb and tell him he is still a legend in Oregon.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Sep 22, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Phil Pickering <philliplc...> wrote:
>
> Only saw 3 White-front flocks this morning over
> the ocean, one apparently disoriented headed N.
>
> Also fun but brief dense flight of Cassin's Auklets
> with hundreds passing in very close. Hopefully Jeff
> got up early.
>
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48668152
>
> Phil

POST: Send your post to <obol...>