Date: 9/22/18 3:13 am
From: Paul Hess <phess...>
Subject: Winter finch forecast
Ron Pittway's annual "Winter Finch Forecast" Is now posted on the Ontario
Birds email list. I haven't noticed it yet on our state's list.

Read it with excitement at http://jeaniron.ca/2018/wff18.htm.

Ron's forecast focuses primarily on southern Ontario, but it often bodes
well for a good invasion into Pennsylvania. As we know, if our seed and cone
crops favored by various species are plentiful here - an important factor --
these northern specialties often come as far south as our state. Birders are
already reporting scattered early-fall Red-breasted Nuthatches into areas of
PA where they don't breed. Keep those feeders filled!

Paul Hess

Natrona Heights PA

Join us on Facebook!