Date: 9/21/18 5:59 pm
From: dawn v <d_villa...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sullivan's law
Mine is, if you hike up a mountain looking for Mountain Quail and your
hubby stays in the car because he's not feeling well, you won't find a
single one on the mountain but a covey of them will march past the car
as he watches through the window...
dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 at 5:23 PM
From: "Karl Schneck" <keschneckdds...>
To: "Paul T. Sullivan" <paultsullivan...>
Cc: OBOL <obol...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sullivan's lawI know that 1st law... I looked for
a Burrowing Owl that was reported at Agate Lake until it was getting
dark and I was tired lugging my camera around... as I was walking back
to the car defeated again, there it was on the ground 15' from me with
its bright yellow eyes giving it away.My 2nd law would be that
whenever you chase a rare bird that someone has reported, you will
always be a little too late. Karl Schneck "As age comes on, one source
of enjoyment after another is closed, but nature's sources never
fail." John Muir On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 3:47 PM paultsullivan <paultsullivan...>
wrote:

Sullivan's 1st law of seeking a desired bird:You will walk out
until you are tired, then walk back and the bird will be by the
car.I validated this law again this afternoon. I walked south
from China Creek, south of Bandon, for an hour. When I got back I
found 30 Snowy Plovers straight in front of my car, half way to
the water line from the parking lot.Paul Sullivan Sent from my
Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

POST: Send your post to <obol...> JOIN OR QUIT:
http://www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!