Date: 9/21/18 9:11 am
From: world oceans <world.oceans7...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Blackburnian warbler Clayton County
Good morning,

I observed a first year Blackburnian warbler this morning in pine trees
along Southpoint Drive in Forest Park, Clayton County. According to ebird,
this is the first reported sighting of the species in Clayton County since
the fall of 2017. Details have been reported to ebird. The bird was very
active, a few meters above eye level in the stand of pine trees at the
point where Southpoint Drive splits from Ridgecrest Drive and South
Corporate Parkway. This is just east of Rt. 19/41 and just south of Exit 58
of I-285. The bird was in the company of a brown-headed nuthatch, and
busily darting from one branch to another (so no photos, sorry). It was
quite distinctive: white wingbars, dull streaks on the upper flanks, pale
yellow breast and distinct yellow around and behind the eye. Since it is an
immature and obviously in migration, there is no way of telling whether it
will stick around at all or quickly move on.

James Gibson
Clayton County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>