Date: 9/20/18 7:40 pm
From: Marcia Watson <marshwren50...>
Subject: RE: [MDBirding] Early Winter Wren Bethesda, Mont. Co.
Jim,

During the PG County Fall Count last Sunday 9/16, I heard call notes of a bird that I took to be Winter Wren (double Jip-Jip). This was at Mount Calvert along the Patuxent River. The calls were coming from a small wooded area with extremely dense tangled understory. I heard the calls repeatedly over 10 minutes, but I could not get the bird to show itself. Given the early date and lack of visual confirmation, I didn’t report it on eBird. But it sure sounded like WIWR. I would have been happier with the ID if it would have given a little bit of song.

Marcia

_________

Marcia Watson

Patuxent Bird Club

A Chapter of the Maryland Ornithological Society

www.patuxentbirdclub.org

Bowie, MD

<Marshwren50...>