Date: 9/20/18 4:39 am
From: Ed Maioriello <edm...>
Subject: [GABO-L] ORAS Bird Walks this Weekend - Athens-Clarke County
The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be hosting 2 bird walks this
weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Ed Maioriello
Athens-Clarke County

=============

Bird Walk At The Sandy Creek Nature Center - Cook's Trail
Event Date:
Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 8:00am

The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be hosting a bird walk at the Sandy
Creek Nature Center. This walk will also be out Cook's Trail clean up, so
please bring a bag to help haul away any litter we find. We will bird from
the Cook's Trail trailhead to the Oxbow lake, approximately 2.1 miles, then
recover any litter on the way back. We will meet outside the Allen House
to start our walk.

Our bird walks are open to the public. We typically run 3-4 hours. Easy
to moderate walking. Please dress for the weather, wear practical shoes,
bring insect repellent and snacks/water as desired.

If you have any questions please contact Ed Maioriello at
<fieldtrip...> or 706-296-5275.

Directions to the Sandy Creek Nature Center can be found here.
<http://athensclarkecounty.com/Facilities.aspx?page=detail&RID=16>
=============

Bird Walk At Lake Herrick And Oconee Forest Park
Event Date:
Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 8:00am

Note this is a Sunday Walk!

The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be hosting a birdwalk at Lake
Herrick and Oconee Forest Park. Birders of all levels are invited to
attend. We will be meeting at the entrance to Oconee Forest Park located
behind the tennis courts toward the rear of the Intramural Fields. Please
note that this is a popular park for dog walkers.

Our bird walks are open to the public. We typically run 3-4 hours though
birders may leave at their convenience. Easy to moderate walking. Please
dress for the weather, wear practical shoes, bring insect repellent and
snacks/water as desired.

If you have any questions please contact Ed Maioriello at
<fieldtrip...> or 706-296-5275.

For information about and directions to Oconee Forest Park click here.
<http://warnell.forestry.uga.edu/ofp/maps.html>

IMPORTANT NOTE: On occasion, field trips may have to be cancelled (bad
weather, etc.) or important details may change (for example, the original
meeting spot for a site may have to be changed if there is a trail closure
or parking problem). If you plan to attend a birdwalk, ALWAYS check
www.oconeeriversaudubon.org the night before for updates.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>