Date: 9/17/18 9:15 pm
From: 'Lanny and Robin' <snowbunting...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Golden Eagle Boyd Co
Nebraska birders,

On Monday, September 17, Lanny and I saw a Golden Eagle in
Boyd County near the intersection of Cedar Road and 468 Road.
We had stopped along Cedar Road just west of 468 Road and were
looking for birds. I spotted a large raptor on the ground on
a hilltop on the north side of Cedar Road. We could see its
head and shoulders clearly. We were about 25 yards from the
eagle. The sky was cloudy and the wind was light. The eagle
turned its head and we saw the golden nape. When I put the
scope on the window mount, the eagle flew away. I got a quick
glimpse of the wings in flight. There was no white on them.

eBird no

Robin Harding
northern Kearney Co.

Nebraska Ornithologists' Union (NOU)
http://www.noubirds.org

Posted by: "Lanny and Robin" <snowbunting...>

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

* New Members 1

* New Photos 7

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!