Date: 9/16/18 5:35 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] urbanScioto,9-16:herons,ospreys
Things were fairly slow along the urban stretch of the Scioto River through
Columbus this morning. I stopped at Scioto Audubon, Berliner Park,
Watermark Lake, the Marble Cliff bike path, and Griggs Dam, and found very
few migrants. Notables included:

waterfowl - aside from the expected mallards & geese, there were 7 Mute
Swans (at Watermark Lake) and 1 male Hooded Merganser (below Griggs Dam)

Herons,Egrets - Great Blue Herons were scattered all along the river, while
the only Great Egrets were 12 above the dam at Scioto Audubon. A Green
Heron was along the river in Marble Cliff.

Osprey - single birds were at Watermark lake and at Griggs Dam

Flycatchers - hardly any, with only 1 E.Wood Pewee

Vireos - a White-eyed was at Scioto Audubon

Thrushes - Swainsons were at Berliner and Griggs, but there was a Veery
along the bike path at Marble Cliff

Warblers - very little. Scioto Audubon had a Redstart & Magnolia, while
Griggs had a Chestnut-sided and a Bay-breasted. Berliner had nothing,
which is very unusual.

Grosbeaks,Buntings - none and none