Date: 9/14/18 9:36 am
From: Jeffrey Blalock via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Black Skimmer Update
Greetings all.

I am sad to say that the last time I saw the Skimmer it was gaining altitude and as I drove over to the other side of the dam to get pictures it must have flown over the dam.

I went to North Bend Park and to the first parking area on the right after crossing the dam and I went to Tailrace twice to see if I could relocate it but I had no luck.

During the time I was looking for it I had
Caspian Terns - at least 3 maybe 4
Common Terns - 40
Forster’s Tern - saw one twice first just before I saw the Skimmer and then one again just before I had to quit because of the rain. It could be two separate Forster’s but I only count it as one.
Black Skimmer at 0836 Hrs for about 3 minutes with good looks through scope. Just too far for pictures and it was gone before I got to other side of dam to try.

Didn’t see any Black Terns today but did yesterday

Good Birding Always.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock