Date: 9/14/18 5:42 am
From: John Callender <jbc...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Carpinteria Creek and beach this morning
One correction: After seeing the photo posted by Peter Schneekloth of one of the Red Knots he saw at Devereaux, I realized that I misidentified the bird we saw yesterday associating with the Willets near the mouth of Carpinteria Creek. It was not a Wandering Tattler; it was a Red Knot. Green rather than yellow legs, foraging along the sandy beach, no tail-bobbing...

Apologies for the misidentification. My slow, sometimes painful, education process continues... :-)

John Callender
Carpinteria

View/Reply Online (#27474): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27474
-=-=-