Date: 9/14/18 4:17 am
From: Bill Evans <wrevans...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Broad-wingeds
A seemingly unprecedented westward shift in the Broad-winged flight this September.

Wes Blauvelt & and I counted a few hundred from Comfort Rd in Danby during lunchtime yesterday. Mindboggling to learn from David Nutter about the numbers Reuben Stoltzfus saw on an even further west track in Ovid.

Today also looks good for continued Broad-winged passage across the Cayuga Lake Basin. We may not see another flight like this here for decades. Advise taking an early and long lunch break!

Bill E

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/