Date: 9/13/18 10:18 am
From: 'Marcy Stutzman' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Oxbow Lake: Tricolored Heron & Little Blue Herons
While looking at a Great Egret through my scope this morning, I was surprised to see a Tricolored Heron fly into view and land on a snag. I tried getting my camera out to take a picture, but it started raining hard and I had to head for cover. I took pictures of a Tricolored Heron on 20180902, perhaps this is the same one. The vegetation is so high that it is easy for the herons and egrets to hide from sight. My eBird list is below.

Marcy Stutzman
Russett, MD 20724