Date: 9/12/18 5:14 am
From: Daniel Edelstein <danieledelstein...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] 1) Willow Flycatcher @ "quarry"/rock outcrop on north side of Rodeo Lagoon, Sausalito, CA; 2) Rodeo Lagoon Species
Here’s another report because it’s ALSO a new, separate ebird checklist that I created for the
1) "Quarry"/Rock Outcrop on north side of Rodeo Lagoon.

The ebird report —https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48449389 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48449389> — (the “quarry”/rock outcrop on north side of Rodeo Lagoon) notes
my observation today on 9/11/18 of:

one WILLOW FLYCATCHER foraging in the largest tree east of and nearest the “quarry”/rock outcrop that is immediately adjacent to the north side of
the Rodeo Lagoon in the Marin Headlands. The outcrop is easy to spot, given it features obvious sedimentary layers of former marine bedrock.

In front of the tree in which the Willow Flycatcher was foraging are government buildings (next to which you can park).

The ebird checklist (above #) shows a map that denotes this location with a “hotspot” teardrop symbol.

2) On the Rodeo Lagoon across from the “quarry” area near the bridge along the main road there were:

- 5 RED-NECKED PHALAROPE (all expressing basic plumage and no residual alternate plumage, ala some individuals I saw earlier in late summer, 2018
in the NBB area)

- 1 female Green-winged Teal

- 1 female CINNAMON TEAL (that I do not often see on this lagoon)

Regards,

Daniel Edelstein

Novato, CA

& 469 Isle View Road, Ellison Bay, WI 54210

415-382-1827 (O) 415-246-5404 (iPhone)

warblerwatch.com
(hosts my resume)

warblerwatch.blogspot.com
(My 10-year-old warbler-centric blog, featuring articles, warbler news, & photo quizzes)

Join us on Facebook!