Date: 9/12/18 12:51 am
From: Daniel Edelstein <danieledelstein...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Chestnut-sided Warbler In Sausalito Headlands & Four Other Warbler Species Among Cypress Grove Area Near Employee Housing: Field & Simmonds Rd. Area
Today, via the following ebird report —https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48446260 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48446260>
I provide details for seeing in the Sausalito Headlands near the Marin Headlands visitor center on Field Rd (& immediately adjacent to the employee housing
buildings above the visitor center):

- 1 hatch-year CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER
(no chestnut/brown color expressed on flanks; no back streaking; yellow-tint to wing bars)

- 3 Yellow Warbler

- 3 Townsend’s Warbler

- 1 Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon’s subspecies) (Setophaga coronata auduboni) (italics intended, but Yahoo mail does allow them?)

- 1 Wilson’s Warbler

In addition to warbler family members, I observed:

- 1 female LAZULI BUNTING in the same area as the above sightings

- 1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher in the same area as the above sightings

- Note the location for these observations all occurred within 100’ of each other: across from yellow fire hydrant on the access road to the housing units…and next to the hydrant there’s two yellow poles guarding it; tree grove is immediately east of initial dormitory/employee housing residence of two located above Field Road. The grove primarily consists of massive Monterey Cypress trees that grow immediately south of the two housing units. There's a foot-long yellow flag parallel to the ground at eye level that marks the location, too….(i.e., Not sure if someone placed it here who was a birder (to denote a "hot spot”)?

Regards, Daniel Edelstein

Novato, CA

Join us on Facebook!