Date: 9/10/18 8:11 pm
From: Mark Dettling <mdettlin...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] White-winged Dove, Blackpoll Warbler, Keith Hansen's gallery, Bolinas, 9/10
Hello Birders,
This afternoon Keith Hansen briefly had a White-winged Dove visit the
fountain in the courtyard of his gallery in Bolinas. He only saw it once. I
came down in the evening to look for it (did not see it) and then wandered
down Wharf Rd. towards the beach looking for any doves. I heard a warbler
chip in a tree near the small public dock and tracked down a Blackpoll
Warbler. It was confiding enough that I was able to call Keith so he could
come see the bird.
Looked exactly like the Sibley first winter female illustration, with the
dusky streaking on the chest and back along with the orangish yellow legs
separating it from a Bay-breasted. I've got some photos that I'll add to my
eBird list when I enter it later tonight.

Great fall so far!

--
Mark Dettling
Bolinas