Date: 9/10/18 10:28 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Leesylvania State Park migrants, 9/10

What was intended to be a short visit to Leesylvania State Park in Woodbridge turned into a 3 hour visit as bird activity was greater than over the past week. I ran into several mixed flocks. Diversity was not great, but it was still fun. I found 8 warbler species (ovenbird (1), northern waterthrush (1), black-and-white (2), American redstart (7), northern parula (4), common yellowthroat (2), yellow-throated(1), and magnolia (3)), Other notables were 3 Baltimore orioles, 2 yellow-billed cuckoos, an eastern kingbird, and a blue grosbeak.

Water levels were very high; the breakwaters off the big parking lot were completely submerged.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>