Date: 9/9/18 12:59 pm
From: William Leigh via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Sanderlings and Buff-breasted Sandpipers
A great day for Shorebirds at the sod farm on Captain Yancey road just south of Merck Corporation in Rockingham county.
7 Sanderlings, 17 pectorals 1 semipalmated plover, 1 lesser Yellowlegs 1 Stilt Sandpiper. Two Peregrines were shuffling the deck from time to time by hunting in tandem which was quite extraordinary to watch . Additionally Lots of Least and a few Semipalmated Sandpipers and two Bairds candidates which I couldn't get sufficient looks at. As I was writing this a Buff-breasted flew in which I managed to get a few digi shots

William Leigh

Bridgewater VA