Date: 9/8/18 8:51 am
From: Jeffrey Blalock via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - 103 Elizabeth Court, South Boston, VA, Sep 8, 2018
Greetings all

It’s funny how Birding can deal up a bad hand at times like driving 17 hrs on one to chase after one bird go Birding the next day trying for it and then driving 17 Hrs home with a big Fat No on your checklist.

But then there are times where it might not be a really Rare bird but something that you see on a regular basis during the right season but this time it includes two species that I haven’t ever seen in my yard.

It started in Mason Farm Biological Reserve at Chapel Hill NC on August 24 where I saw a Prothonotary and a Blue-winged Warbler taking turns chasing each other. It had been a while since I had seen a Blue-winged Warbler plus it was a NC Life Bird.

But the story gets better the very next day I had my first Prothonotary Warbler for my yard list and it was followed up with yet another on 2 Sept.

How for the icing on the cake during my
morning count today I had a Blue-Winged Warbler which it too was a new bird for my yard list. When I first saw it I wasn’t fast enough to get a picture of it but it returned and then I was able to get its picture.

Following is eBird Report and link to eBird Report with pictures of the Blue-Winged Warbler.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock
103 Elizabeth Court