Date: 9/7/18 9:21 pm
From: Roger Mayhorn via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] More Migrants Passing Through

This past Wednesday fellow BCBC member, Clancey Deel, birded with me here on
Compton Mountain for half the day to see the migrants passing through my
property. Our day was not spectacular considering others we have had, but we
ended the half day with 37 species. Later, after Clancey left I added a few
more species as more birds came down to our yard stream to drink and bathe.
The total for the day was 41 species, 9 of those being warblers. That
evening my First of the season Swainson's thrush came in to the stream.

Below is the day's complete species list.

Roger Mayhorn - Compton Mountain

Buchanan County VA

Compton Mountain, Buchanan, Virginia, US Sep 6, 2018 7:58 AM - 5:58 PM

Protocol: Traveling

1.371 mile(s)

Comments: Birding with Clancey Deel

40 species (+1 other taxa)