Date: 9/7/18 4:45 pm
From: Sebastian Jones <sebastianojones...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Unusual Shorebirds in Boston
Hi Massbirders,
With the switch in weather last night, Ted Bradford and I spent the day in
Winthrop/Revere hoping to scoop up any new shorebirds the front might have
brought in. We were not disappointed.

Highlights included a Hudsonian Godwit, two Marbled Godwit, an American
Golden Plover and a Long-billed Dowitcher at Fishermen's Bend Park in
Winthrop (roosting on the breakwater at high tide) and a pair of Whimbrel
and five Red Knot at Point of Pines in Revere (feeding in the exposed
mudflats at low tide).

Google maps links for Fishermen's Bend here
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/4222'15.9%22N+70°58'49.8%22W/@42.3710911,-70.9805042,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d42.3710911!4d-70.9805042>
and for Point of Pines here
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/4226'26.9%22N+70°57'36.6%22W/@42.4408143,-70.9601784,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d42.4408143!4d-70.9601784>
.

Probably the best single-day collection of shorebird species I've had in
Boston thus far. Weather conditions are supposed to remain chilly and
overcast tomorrow, so perhaps some of these birds will hang around.

Best,
Sebastian Jones
Jamaica Plain, MA

Join us on Facebook!