Date: 9/7/18 8:51 am
From: Ron Vogel via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Occoquan Bay NWR Connecticut warbler 9/7/2018
A very big highlight in an otherwise unremarkable day for fall migrants was
a very cooperative Connecticut warbler along the path just beyond the
entrance to the bird banding station at Occoquan Bay NWR.. Traveling with a
small mixed flock of other warblers and a couple of female northern orioles,
the bird appeared along the trail at eye level no more than five to six feet
from where I stood and eyed me for a few seconds allowing great looks. The
bird hopped down to the middle of the trail and then "walked" to the other
side before regaining a perch in low limbs. After giving me another
once-over, the bird departed with his traveling companions in the direction
of Marumsco Creek. Only my second Connecticut warbler within the State, and
certainly a bird that I've not seen very often elsewhere.

Ron Vogel

Annandale

P.S. Bug alert-the biting flies along the river on Deep Hole Point Road were
ferocious. Shorts and tank tops are not recommended!!