Date: 9/5/18 7:27 am
From: Bob Schamerhorn via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Chincoteague Annual Beach Cleanup
Looking for a good reason to go to Chincoteague?

Annual Beach Cleanup Slated For September 22, 2018

Refuge staff and volunteers invite you to join them on Saturday, September 22 for the Annual Beach Cleanup at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Registration will begin at 8:00 am at the Herbert H. Bateman Educational and Administrative Center parking lot.

The Annual Beach Cleanup is part of the International Coastal Cleanup sponsored by The Ocean Conservancy and Virginia Clean Waterways. Marine debris is a pervasive problem that threatens ocean health. We all depend on the oceans for food, recreation, transportation, and even for much of the oxygen we breathe. We all have a responsibility to care for our oceans and the life they hold. Participating in the Beach Cleanup is a positive, active way to show you value clean oceans and waterways. You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish in one day, and what you learn about yourself, your neighbors, and your environment.

We hope you’ll join us. Be sure to bring water, sunscreen, and wear comfortable footwear. Trash bags, gloves, and data sheets will be provided. Participants will receive a free T-shirt while supplies last and the refuge entrance fee will be waived.

This year’s Beach Cleanup is sponsored by Accomack County, Assateague Island National Seashore, Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce, Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, Chincoteague Natural History Association, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management, The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation, The Ocean Conservancy, Virginia Clean Waterways and the Town of Chincoteague.

Contact: Chase Sands, Park Ranger
Phone: 757-336-6122

Susan Fair
Administrative Assistant
Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge
PO Box 62 (Mailing)
8231 Beach Road (Delivery)
Chincoteague, VA 23336
Office: 757-336-6122 X2300
Cellphone: 757-894-0726
Fax: 757-336-5273
http://www.fws.gov/northeast/chinco

Posted by:
Bob Schamerhorn
Phone: (804) 477-3433
E-mail: <bob...>
iPhotoBirds Website: http://www.iphotobirds.com
iPhotoBirds on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iPhotoBirds
Address: 1101 Glidewell Rd. • Richmond, VA 23227

“Evidence of God’s Grace in Nature’s beauty”