Date: 9/4/18 7:54 pm
From: Steve Hampton <stevechampton...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [CVBirds] Possable female Rufous or female Allen's hummingbird
Mark,

Female and immature Rufous and Allen's can really only be separated with a
good still photo of the spread tail.

This time of year, Rufous is far more common (I'd say Rufous until proven
otherwise)-- and the fact that it's aggressive points to Rufous over
Allen's.

I'll also add that you could be seeing multiple birds, as they are moving
thru in numbers now.

--
Steve Hampton
Davis, CA