Date: 9/4/18 6:50 pm
From: Lisa Hug <lisahug...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Clay-colored Sparrow
Hi All,

This morning, Patti DiLuzio -in my College of Marin birding class,
spotted a Clay-colored Sparrow.

This bird was feeding in a fennel patch with a small flock of yellow
warblers near the Kentfield Campus.

From lot 13, or "the free lot" off of College Avenue by the Physical
Education Department, we walked down a little path along the creek (stay
on the left side of the creek) until it reached the larger, Corte Madera
Creek. There are sports fields on the left side of the path. As you
reach Corte Madera Creek, there is a large patch of fennel. There was a
small flock of yellow warblers working this fennel patch and a
Clay-colored Sparrow was hanging out with them. It seemed to prefer
being in the chainlink fence along the side of the ball fields.

Photos are in my ebird list:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48299771

Lisa Hug
Sebastopol

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)