Date: 9/4/18 11:09 am
From: <birderick...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Migrants, and otherwise
Yesterday, while I stopped to advance the string trimmer as I worked my way around the pool, an adult Bald Eagle flew over, heading north, about 10 AM. Later, while taking a break from the heat and humidity and relaxing in our pool, I grabbed my (poolside) binoculars and watched a soaring COMMON RAVEN and a Turkey Vulture high above me, turning circles in the blue sky(just before 3PM).

This morning I saw another (or the same) RED-HEADED WOODPECKER fly over the yard heading SW shortly after 8AM, for the third day in a row (2 on 9/2), and after that I found a foraging Black and White Warbler, new yard bird for the year #103. Still pretty slow, but tomorrow is another day.

Rick Sussman
Woodbine,MD