Date: 9/4/18 7:43 am
From: bob augustine <augustinebob8...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Nighthawks--best flight
Sat. S1 produced only a disappointing 20 nighthawks over my location along Rock Creek. But Sun. S2 was the big flight. I was watching TV and glanced out the window at 6:20. The sky was full of Nighthawks. They were all over the sky, some going N, some going S. I couldn't count them because of the milling , but there were dozens. Later, after 7, they all turned S and I counted 94. The total must have been somewhere around 200.
On Mon. S3 there was a small "echo flight" of 18 going N and then 19 going S. Except for a few stragglers, I think the Nighthawks flight for 2018 is now over.

Bob Augustine
Rockville
Sept. 4, 2018