Date: 9/4/18 3:51 am
From: James Wilson <birdmanjfw...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Walk at Terrapin Park in Queen Anne's County
On Monday morning, I took a bunch of friends for a bird walk at Terrapin Park. As you know, the heat and humidity were really bad and the birds responded accordingly. The highlight of the walk was finding a fawn laying about 10 feet off of the path, completely ignoring us, the people walking with dogs and many on bicycles.
Birds were there but they were sweating too. We did find a Prairie Warbler and a juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron sitting on a branch along the path. When he looked straight at us, his protruding eyes were neat to see.
Jim Wilson
Queenstown
ps: NEVER rely on Google directions to find Terrapin Park.