Date: 9/3/18 4:08 pm
From: <rscimino...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Redeo Logoon morning birding
Thanks to William Legg for alerting Janet Bodle and me + others of the 2 Baird’s Sandpipers that were feeding on the western shore of the main lagoon this morning. They are favoring the sandy shoreline versus the muddy area in the southwest corner, when we found them they were near the cord grass along the shore.. A few Western and Least Sandpipers were present as well. All the sandpipers remained at 11AM . Best viewing was scoping from the three picnic tables near the parking.

Additional thanks to William Legg for a motivating post on Thursday August 30th. with details on 8 warbler species indicating the volume for each species, This morning Hermit Warblers were seen in good numbers from behind the residents building on Simmonds Rd. as well as Townsend's Warblers which were also present in even larger volume. We continued to bird The Lagoon Trail, finding many more Hermit Warblers, Pacific Slope Flycatchers,Yellow Warblers, Warbling Vireo's, Hutton's Vireo's, Wilson's Warblers, Orange-crown Warblers and Chestnut-backed Chickadees.
Sadly no Black-throated Warbler was seen.

Good birding,
Rich Cimino

Join us on Facebook!