Date: 9/3/18 3:05 pm
From: Sneed Collard <collard...> [MOB-Montana] <MOB-Montana...>
Subject: [MOB-Montana] Mystery Sparrow [1 Attachment]
Hello All,
I hope everyone is enjoying the start of fall migration! I know we are.
My dad and recently went to the Fort Missoula Gravel Quarry, seeing 49 species during the course of two hours! In a patch of tansy, accompanied by Lincoln's, White-crowned and others, we spotted what appeared to be a winter-plumaged Clay-colored Sparrow. It had the gray neck and clear face pattern, as well as a buffy front. We have not ever seen one in migration, though, and are still skeptical. If you could offer your opinions please that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Braden Collard
P.S. Sorry for the photo quality—this bird just did not want to be photographed!

Join us on Facebook!