Date: 9/3/18 11:46 am
From: 'Elda Banks' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park this morning 9/3/18
      There were 14 very helpful and amicable birders starting at about 7:30 am.  There were not many birds  in the woods near the carousel parking lot. However, the large tree near(the location of the former white house) was all a buzz. The was a male Scarlet tanager, many male and female Baltimore Orioles,  a number of Red-eyed Vireos, an Eastern Wood- Pewee, a male American Redstart, many American Robins, two Northern Flickers, a Yellow-billed Cuckoo, a Northern Mockingbird, and a Carolina Wren.     As we walked along the railroad track to Pine Lake  a few birders  heard the Acadian Flycatcher, we saw two Grey Catbirds, two Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Bluejays, Cardinals and more Baltimore  Orioles.     In the tall trees next to Pine Lake we saw a Canada Warbler,   and more Baltimore Orioles. I believe,
some saw a Blue-headed Vireo.
Elda BanksSilver Spring