Date: 9/3/18 4:42 am
From: Susan Hedman <2winterwren...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Crane Beach, Sep 2, 2018
Crane Beach, Essex, Massachusetts, US Sep 2, 2018 10:30 AM Protocol:
Incidental
Comments: 4 hour paddle from pavilion beach, along Crane beach, around
the back of Crane beach and out through Fox Creek across Ipswich River and
back to pavilion beach. 10 mile trip 10:30-3:30
18 species (+2 other taxa)

Sanderling (Calidris alba) 75
White-rumped Sandpiper (Calidris fuscicollis) 4
Semipalmated Sandpiper (Calidris pusilla) 50
peep sp. (Calidris sp. (peep sp.)) 50
Spotted Sandpiper (Actitis macularius) 2
Greater Yellowlegs (Tringa melanoleuca) 20
Willet (Tringa semipalmata) 1
Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis) X
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) X
Great Black-backed Gull (Larus marinus) X
Sterna sp. (Sterna sp.) 3
Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) 100
Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) 2
Great Egret (Ardea alba) 1
Snowy Egret (Egretta thula) 1
Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura) 1
Cooper's Hawk (Accipiter cooperii) 1 immature bird, landed on telephone
wires close to my car as I was unloading kayak
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) 1 Immature bird, white in
tail,but not the head far end of Crane Beach
Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon) 1
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 6

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48259719

Susan Hedman, Gloucester
"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

Join us on Facebook!