Date: 9/2/18 7:10 pm
From: 'Chris Dunford' <christopher.j.dunford...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Buff-breasted Sandpiper continues this evening at Yolo Bypass WA
Found about 5:25 pm by Andrew Johnson aided by Linda Gal, payoff for a
two-hour search just before I arrived - my luck! It was in the same
location as earlier today - SW corner of the first "summer shorebird" field
from the main road (across from Parking Lot C). All by itself in the
short-grass and "dry" furrows about 75 yards into the field from the
west-side berm. Quite difficult to see, much less find. But a beautiful,
unmistakable bird through the scope. After we studied the bird for about 20
minutes, it flew east into the next field or beyond. We could not re-find
the bird.

Chris Dunford

Davis, CA