Date: 9/2/18 5:17 pm
From: <z.querula...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Hooded Warbler Male Drake’s Beach
HOODED WARBLER male present at Drakes beach monument all day today. Mainly on hillside but everywhere in monuments immediate vicinity. It would frequently go some 15 minutes without chipping and then would chip nonstop for 3 minutes and then go silent again. Very, very skulky. Only seen twice in three hours but heard countless times. Also seen by Lucas Corneliussen, heard by David Sexton and Bob Atwood.

It was our only eastern vagrant in 9 hours on the outer point. Warblers were remarkably scarce with the exception of Inverness Tennis Club which boasted a 5 species (Hermit, Townsend’s, Wilson’s, OC warbler and Yellow) mixed flock of 20-some warblers at around 8:15.

Good birding,
Ethan Monk.

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)