Date: 9/2/18 1:26 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Crane Beach, Ipswich, Sep 2, 2018
Crane Beach, Ipswich
Sep 2, 2018 8:20 AM - 11:10 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.5 mile(s)
Comments: I walked from the barns out the Cedar Point Trail to the
NW end of the beach, back along the beach to Steep Hill, then along the
foot trail to the road, then back down to my car. Very few warblers
except for one small pocket of them on Castle Hill, but there were a
couple winners in that pocket.
45 species (+2 other taxa)

Wild Turkey 0 lots of feathers, but not their erstwhile owners
Mourning Dove 2
Semipalmated Plover 12
Piping Plover 1
Ruddy Turnstone 2
Sanderling 7
peep sp. 2
Greater Yellowlegs 5
Ring-billed Gull 12
Herring Gull 55
Great Black-backed Gull 10 (no terns)
Double-crested Cormorant 80
Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 5
Snowy Egret 2
Turkey Vulture 2 pushing the gulls off something presumably dead on
the beach that I could not see.
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 2 not seen
Merlin 1 flying from the beach over to PI
Eastern Phoebe 3
Eastern Kingbird 1
Blue Jay 11
American Crow 4
Tree Swallow 40
Bank Swallow 10
Barn Swallow 3
Black-capped Chickadee 6
Tufted Titmouse 6
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
House Wren 1
American Robin 60
Gray Catbird 10
Cedar Waxwing 3
Chipping Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 4
Tennessee Warbler 1 Grayish above, white below including undertail
coverts, with white supercilium and short bill. Looked like an adult
male. They are uncommon thr. September on the county checklist.
Common Yellowthroat 2
American Redstart 1
Northern Parula 1
Bay-breasted Warbler 1
Blackpoll Warbler 2
Pine Warbler 2
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.) 8 8-10 that got away
Northern Cardinal 1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48242470

--
Jim Berry Ipswich, Mass. <jim.berry3...>

https://www.avg.com

Join us on Facebook!