Date: 9/2/18 10:35 am
From: Mike Mangiaracina <mike.mangiaracina...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Ravens over Adelphi
At about noon today, in Adelphi, MD, I heard multiple "tok" calls overhead and clearly saw two ravens circling above. Above them, higher up were 5 more dark birds circling. I didn't have binoculars, and can't confirm that they were also ravens, but I didn't get any other impressions from looking at them. They didn't appear to be vultures. The whole kettle circled slowly off to the Northeast.

I'd like to know others' thoughts about the possibility that was 7 ravens. It seems unlikely, but perhaps this is possible during migration?

Mike Mangiaracina
Takoma Park, MD