Date: 9/2/18 7:45 am
From: <birderick...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Some movement
A bit of movement starting here in my Woodbine yard. Yesterday morning there was a hatch-year male Common Yellowthroat in our side garden near the water feature, and a Prairie Warbler along the sunny edge of our front meadow, and a Red-eyed Vireo was in our serviceberry tree. About 15 Common Nighthawks flew by later around 6 PM, coming from the SW and heading NE.

This morning was quiet as a tomb, but I did manage to find a pair (m&f) of Yellow warblers in the same front edge of the meadow, as well as a male Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and a female Baltimore Oriole. A rather weary-looking field Sparrow was in the back meadow, and a pair of RED-HEADED WOODPECKERS flew over about 8:40 AM, heading SW.

Great Crested Flycatchers and Ruby-throated Hummingbirds are still being seen daily, with at least 4 hummers coming to my feeders.

Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD