Date: 9/1/18 8:20 pm
From: Nick Newberry via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] 314 Nighthawks southeast of Fredericksburg
This evening while birding at Slaughter Pen Farm Historic Site (https://ebird.org/hotspot/L4426661 <https://ebird.org/hotspot/L4426661>) just southeast of Fredericksburg I stumbled into a very nice flight of nighthawks. For approximately 45 minutes starting at ~6:55 loose flocks of nighthawks flew southeast over the fields. To the northeast, east, southeast, and south were major storm systems which I think funneled many of the birds past my location. Once the storms got closer and the wind picked up the movements abruptly stopped (~7:40).

Good birding,
Nick