Date: 9/1/18 7:50 pm
From: Donald Sweig via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Nighthawks
I set out about 5: 50 this evening to see if I could find some Nighthawks along the C&O canal. I got about halfway down my driveway in suburban Falls Church and two of them flew over my neighbor’s yard and across the street, disappearing behind the trees on the other side. I drove around the neighborhood and didn’t see anymore. These are the first Nighthawks I’ve seen near where I live in four or five years
Over along the canal, I saw two from the parking lot at Carderock and two more from the parking lot at lock-10.
Hopefully they’ll be more tomorrow.
Donald Sweig
Falls Church,Virginia

Sent from my iPad