Date: 9/1/18 3:53 pm
From: Steve Hampton <stevechampton...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Putah Cr Summer Tanager, Lewis's Woodpecker, warblers
I saw nine warbler species this morning at Putah Creek, UC Davis
(Wilson's, Yellow, Orange-cr, Black-thr Gray, Hermit, Townsend's,
Nashville, MacGillivray's, and Common Yellowthroat). I think that's a first
for me. That said, I've had five of these in the last few hours at the
fountain in my backyard!

I also found the continuing Summer Tanager (not very cooperative -- it
sang, called, and made a very brief appearance at 11am near the water pipe
outflow by Hopkins) and had a flyover Lewis's Woodpecker (typical Sept
behavior for this species-- flying high down the creek).

Full list and a few more pics at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48218058

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton