Date: 9/1/18 12:16 pm
From: Jim Nelson <kingfishers2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] First Nighthawk, finally, Bethesda, Mont. Co.
As I reported earlier, I haven't seen a Common Nighthawk from my small backyard in the DC suburbs since mid September 2016. Seeing the reports from folks about large numbers yesterday evening, I went out on our deck and kept watch for a while with no luck. This morning while doing my daily breakfast-birding on the deck, I finally saw a single juvenile Common Nighthawk flying overhead. Just a couple of weeks short of two years since my last sighting from this location.

Jim Nelson
Bethesda,