Date: 9/1/18 9:33 am
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Urgent request for aid - kingfisher stuck indoors
Hi MassBirders,

My sister owns a horse farm in Georgetown. She contacted me about an hour ago via FaceBook. A Belted Kingfisher somehow got into their indoor riding arena and cannot find its way back out. The arena has a high ceiling and rafters, doors too small and low, too easy for the bird to hide up high until it weakens. A few of her friends have made recommendations but so far everyone she’s called is closed for the weekend, or isn’t licensed to handle birds, etc. Can anyone point us toward someone who can help this bird out?

Josh

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA

Webmaster, Hampshire Bird Club
https://hampshirebirdclub.org/

Northeast Chapter, Dragonfly Society of the Americas
https://bryanpfeiffer.com/nedsa2018/

http://bugguide.net/user/view/2399
https://www.facebook.com/opihi

Join us on Facebook!