Date: 8/31/18 8:22 pm
From: Steve Hampton <stevechampton...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Buff-breasted Sandpiper at Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area
A Buff-breasted Sandpiper flew in and landed on a dike not far from me at
6:50pm at the August shorebird ponds east of Lot C. I was able to get a
couple distant photos before making notifications. These are posted at
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48204550

The bird picked up and relocated a couple times. The bird was last seen
working the dike between the first and second check in the vicinity of the
gulls, and then seen down in south end of the first check. Only previous
county record is Sept 2, 2002 at Davis Wetlands (Jon R King). That bird
stayed less than an hour. I'm not sure about other Central Valley records.

Park in Lot C and head east across the road.

Dove season starts tomorrow, but all areas above the auto tour loop will be
open to the public; the closure starts at the check station. I've included
a map in eBird.

--
Steve Hampton
Davis, CA