Date: 8/30/18 7:14 pm
From: William Legge <WGDLegge...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Warblers at Rodeo Lagoon Today (August 30)
Following on from some of the other posts, I just wanted to add that the Marin Headlands is also still brimming with western passerine migrants. On a circuit Rodeo Lagoon this morning I logged a minimum of 63 warblers as follows in order of abundance:

29 Common Yellowthroats
11 Yellow Warblers (100% up on yesterday)
10 Wilson’s Warblers (50% down from August 28th)
5 Townsend’s Warblers
5 Hermit Warblers
1 Nashville Warbler (for second day)
1 Black-throated Gray Warbler (for second day)
1 MacGrillivray’s Warbler

Not too shabby for the last day of August and a little unprecedented, particularly the the number of Hermit Warblers. We might have the odd day in early September like this but right now the show keeping on going! Details/precise locations in my eBird Report.

Also over 5 Western Flycatchers, 2 Warbling Vireos, 2 House Wren (they have come in in the last few days), a Swainson Thrush and a Western Tanager. Unlike the reports further north, no Willow Flycatchers seen over the last few days. We had a couple about a week ago. Hopefully more to come.

In enjoy while it lasts! Good Birding!

William Legge
Mill Valley, CA

Sent from my iPhone

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)