Date: 8/30/18 5:54 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Hart-Miller Island Birding Bus Tour - September 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

I will be leading a birding bus tour at Hart-Miller Island on Monday,
September 17 (raindate is Tuesday, September 18). The tour is limited to 20
participants. We will leave landbase at 9:00 AM (please arrive no later
than 8:50 AM), arrive onsite at 9:30 AM, depart at 1:00 PM, and return to
landbase at 1:30 PM. Participants must be able to board a boat and a tour
bus. While onsite, we will explore the entire island by bus looking
primarily for migratory shorebirds and songbirds. The tour will involve
some light walking. Bring snacks, water, bug spray, and sunscreen, and
dress appropriately for exploring an island with minimal shade. We will
visit one forested area where mosquitoes might be abundant.

Please email tcarn [at] menv [dot] com if you would like to join the tour.
You may reserve two spaces. I will need a name and email address for each
participant in case I need to postpone/cancel. This tour is first-come,
first-serve. Once I fill 20 spaces, I will create a waitlist. Please note
that the tour will be canceled in the event of high winds/rain.

This tour is offered by Maryland Environmental Service (MES) on behalf of
Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Port Administration (MDOT
MPA).

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD