Date: 8/27/18 2:53 pm
From: Ida Giriunas <ida8...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 25 White-faced Storm Petrels seen on the Brookline Bird Club Pelagic trip
Greetings:

The Brookline bird trip lead by Nick Bonomo, Peter flood, Julian Hough,
Sean Williams and Naeem Josuff enjoyed calm seas and balmy weather on Aug.
25, 26 sailing out of Hyannis MA to the continental shelf on the Helen H.
captained by Joe Huchmeyer. Many highlights included 25 WHITE-FACED STORM
PETRELS and 4 SOUTH POLAR SKUAS along with Audubon Shearwater, Band-rump
and Leach's Storm-Petrels. Complete list below.

979 Red-necked Phalarope
6 Red Phalarope

4 SOUTH POLAR SKUA
1 Pomarine Jaeger
3 Parasitic Jaeger
2 LONG-TAILED JAEGER
64 Herring Gull
5 LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL
139 Great Black-backed Gull
1 Least Tern
140 Common Tern
6 Common Loon
701 Wilson's Storm-Petrel
25 WHITE-FACED STORM-PETREL
82 Leach's Storm-Petrel
17 BAND-RUMPED STORM-PETREL
673 Cory's Shearwater
826 Great Shearwater
8 Sooty Shearwater
1 Manx Shearwater
16 AUDUBON'S SHEARWATER
30 shearwater sp.
25 Northern Gannet
2 Double-crested Cormorant
2 Barn Swallow

The Brookline Bird CLub will be leading another trip to the same area on
September 22,23 looking for these same birds.There is still space on the
trip. Info below.

Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23, 2018, 6:00 AM Saturday to 6 PM Sunday

Hyannis to Hydrographer, Veach, and Atlantis Canyon area for WHITE-FACED
STORM PETRELS, other petrels, several species of shearwaters, jaegers, skua,
terns and other seabirds and mammals.

Limit: 50 participants

Cost: BBC members $310, non-members $335

We have master birders Jeremiah Trimble, Nicholas Bonomo and two others
leading the trip. Our boat, from Hyannis is the Helen H. It is a very
comfortable, fast, 100-foot fishing boat with a knowledgeable and
enthusiastic captain and crew. We use gallons of chum to attract the birds

To reserve a space, send a check for the full amount made out to Brookline
Bird Club Agent along with a signed Waiver to Ida Giriunas, 83 Summer Ave,
Reading, MA 01867

To register and to receive further information and a waiver form:

Contact Ida at 781-929-8772, <mailto:<ida8...> <ida8...>

Ida Giriunas

Reading, MA

<mailto:<ida8...> <ida8...>