Date: 8/26/18 7:21 pm
From: Ian Parsons <icpcircular...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Plum island ospreys 26 Aug
Up to 20 ospreys at or flying past Plum island this afternoon, several of which appeared to me to be on migration.

~3.15pm:  2 at Joppa Flats~3.30pm:  5 overhead at lot 1, Plum island~4 - 5pm:  between 1 - 4 separate birds flying just offshore and occasionally attempting to catch fish from the sea (I did not see any successful catches)~5.15 - 5.45pm:  7 flying south, just offshore from the Plum island beach, viewed from beach in vicinity of Lot 1.~6.30pm:  3 (2 adults + 1 juvenile) on nest platform, visible when looking South from Bill Forward Pool.
Ian Parsons, Belmont, MA

Join us on Facebook!