Date: 8/26/18 2:42 pm
From: Brian Taber via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Kiptopeke Hawkwatch
Hawkwatches at Rockfish, Snickers and Harvey's have all gotten underway and on Aug 30, Kiptopeke will begin its 42nd season. We welcome back for the third year, hawkwatcher Anna Stunkel. She will be assisted by dedicated volunteers and will be joined by a hawkwatch intern and educator on Sep 18. Also on Sep 18, our Monarch biologist will begin on the lower Eastern Shore.

Visitors are always welcome at Kiptopeke State Park to help us find birds and to learn about the amazing hawk migration. The hawkwatch operates daily, weather permitting, through Nov.

Many species of birds besides hawks also pass the platform at close range and we'll have hummingbird feeders and seed feeders out, too.

Brian Taber
Coastal Virginia Wildlife Observatory