Date: 8/26/18 12:53 pm
From: <sagetrout99...> [MOB-Montana] <MOB-Montana...>
Subject: [MOB-Montana] Black-and-white Warbler @ John H Dover Memorial Park (Yellowstone Co.)
MOB,

I located a Black-and-white Warbler this morning ~ 0900 hrs, along the Yellowstone River, in John H Dover Memorial Park. This is northeast of Billings city limits, ~ 2.5 mi. east of Lake Elmo. From the main trailhead, follow the trails leading south and east, to the southeast corner of the central basin. At the mouth of Five Mile Creek, head north in to the first grove of russian olives, with mixed deciduous understory. This is where the bird was seen, foraging quietly. Given the buffy wash on the flanks, I suspect this was an immature female.

Kevin Glueckert
Billings, MT

Join us on Facebook!