Date: 8/26/18 12:41 pm
From: Harry Glasgow via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Merrimac Farm
A beautiful morning greeted only 3 birders at Merrimac Farm in Nokesville on the Prince William Conservation Alliance Last-Sunday-of-the-Month Birdwalk.  We tallied 25 species with no particular highlights.  Following the walk, we sat on the front porch of the Stone House enjoying coffee, cookies, and a delightful morning

Mourning Dove  1
Yellow-billed Cuckoo  2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2
Turkey Vulture  2
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
hawk sp.  1
Northern Flicker  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  4
Acadian Flycatcher  1
White-eyed Vireo  3
Red-eyed Vireo  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  3
Barn Swallow  4
Tufted Titmouse  1
Carolina Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  6
Eastern Bluebird  2
American Robin  1
Gray Catbird  5
Northern Mockingbird  2
American Goldfinch  6
Eastern Towhee  2
Northern Cardinal  7
Indigo Bunting  2

The Prince William Conservation Alliance birdwalks at the Merrimac Farm Wildlife Management Area in Nokesville take place at 8 AM on the final Sunday of every month.  Birders meet at the Area's entrance located at the stonehouse at the end of Deepwood Drive.  Questions may be directed to the Alliance at 703.499.4954,  or <alliance...>

Harry GlasgowNancy Vehrs