Date: 8/25/18 5:42 pm
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Prince William migrants

Kurt Gaskill and I were at the New York Monument in the Manassas National Battlefield at sunrise this morning. As the sun rose a nice little wave of migrants filled the trees around the parking lot. These included 4 blackburnian warblers, 2 chestnut-sided, 2 black-and-white, and single pine, blue-winged, parula, and redstart. Also in the mix were 4 Baltimore orioles, 6 yellow-billed cuckoos, and 5 pewees. We then went to Brawner Farm in the battlefield. Along the entrance road were 4 blue grosbeaks and 5 indigo buntings. From the parking lot we spied a kestrel perched up on a tree, and 5 eastern kingbirds. At Conway-Robinson State Forest we ran into a couple of migrant flocks, adding magnolia and common yellowthroat to the warbler list, as well as red-headed woodpecker and an early (apparently) veery. After that we checked the sod farm on Bristow Rd for shorebirds. Lots of killdeer and 5 least sandpipers was all we could find as far as shorebirds go. The morning yie
lded 62 species in all.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>